We now live in the first generation that most will not outlive their parents. Our aim is to do something about this!
With the help of other local community groups and organisations our aim is to encourage people to adopt healthy lifestyles! With their mind, body, soul and their finances!
Some of the services that we would like to provide include:
- Free wellness checks at the Seaside Community Hub.
- Free financial healthcheck in partnership with East Sussex Credit Union along with free training in managing your money.
- Free training and work experience opportunities with us at Helen Owen Marketing Enterprises (HOME) CIC.
- Courses on looking after your mind and spirit with Soulfood.
Here’s some statistics to show why we are working with others to do something about people’s health:
- Diabetes Type 2 has gone up 43% on last year.
- Obesity is now a global epidemic and costs the NHS 1.2million every hour.
- Over 80% of the population are dehydrated.
- 92% of people do not have a healthy breakfast which is the most important meal of the day.
- Nutrients in food are nearly 70% deficient compared to the same foods back in 1960.
- 33% of children living in Eastbourne are obese.
A Healthier You is a trial project and is being funded by Devonshire West Big Local from November 2016 to April 2017 which includes the daily blog (available here). By adopting healthier lifestyles we believe that people will feel better about themselves and be in a better position to access work and with 1 in 4 young people being out of work we hope to do something about this however we need your help!
Due to the popularity of this project so far we are seeking funding in order to continue to make a difference to people’s physical and mental health. If you know of an organisation that can help then please contact us.